Chevening Scholarships in UK are now open
by the team of Road to Abroad
About the Award
Chevening Scholarships are fully funded scholarships to undertake any master’s course at any UK university. The Chevening Scholarship is an international scholarship, funded by the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office, that lets foreign students with leadership qualities study at universities in the United Kingdom. Since 1983, Chevening has brought over 50000 exceptional professionals from around the world to study in the UK.
What does Chevening Scholarship Pay for
Chevening scholarships are fully funded (flights, accommodation, and course fees are all included). Therefore, you are free to focus on achieving your professional goals and maximizing the experience of a lifetime. You will live and study in the UK for a year, during which time you will develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK. On completing your studies, you will leave the UK equipped with the knowledge and networks necessary to bring your own ideas to life.
Also Read: Rhodes Scholarships UK
Eligibility Criteria for Chevening Scholarships in UK:
Ideal Candidates should have the passion, ideas, and influence to provide the solutions and leadership needed to create a better future. To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory (India is a member).
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended.
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honors degree in the UK.
- Have at least two years of work experience.
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 16 July 2020.
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 16 July 2020.
- To find out more about work experience required for Chevening Scholarships in UK click here.
Scholarship Application Deadline
Application deadline is 2nd November. To check the detailed timeline of the application click here.
Also Read: Scholarships at UK Universities
How can Road to Abroad help you?
We can help you to prepare your scholarship applications. As an experienced academic consultancy company, we know exactly how to present your profile to create a profound impact on the minds of scholarship decision-makers. If you need our assistance, feel free to get in touch with us.
We hope that this article on Chevening Scholarship helped you to understand about the Chevening scholarships, what it covers, eligibility requirements, and the application deadlines. If you want to know about studying in UK, visit our Study in UK page.
Keywords: Study in UK, Study Abroad, Scholarships Abroad, Study Abroad Scholarships, Scholarships in UK, Chevening Scholarship UK, chevening scholarship 2020, chevening scholarship India, chevening scholarship eligibility, chevening scholarship amount, chevening scholarship application, Road to Abroad, roadtoabroad, road2abroad, study abroad consultants
Read about other scholarship positions here
If you are a high-performing undergraduate or Master's student and have a strong desire to undertake a PhD programme at a world-class ... read more
Do you want to pursue further education in the law but financial hurdles are stopping you from realizing your dream of studying ... read more
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is unique in the Irish research landscape and complements other channels ... read more
Studentships to support international students for MPhil/PhD study in any of King's Health Faculties or Faculty of Natural & ... read more