Study in New Zealand

Excellent education quality – Economical Expenses – Post Study Work Visa – Get PR
Why Study in New Zealand
  • Easier to fulfil admission requirements
  • Part-time work up to 20 hours/week during study and full time during summer holidays
  • Up to 3 years post study work visa
  • Permanent residency (PR) opportunity
  • Minimum wage is $16.50 per hour
  • High Visa success rate
Top Universities and Colleges in New Zealand
Victoria University of Wellington, Wellington
University of Canterbury, Christchurch
University of Waikato, Hamilton, North Island
Lincoln University, Lincoln
Auckland University of Technology, Auckland
Unitec Institute of Technology, Auckland
Otago Polytechnic, Dunedin & Auckland
Manukau Institute of Technology, Auckland
Ara Institute of Canterbury, Christchurch
Eastern Institute of Technology, Napier
Nelson & Marlborough Institute of Technology, Nelson & Blenheim
ATMC NZ‐ Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology, Auckland Campus
Whitireia New Zealand, Porirua & Auckland
Southern Institute of Technology, Invercargill
Wellington Institute of Technology (WelTec), Wellington
Western Institute of Technology at Taranaki (WITT), New Plymouth
Auckland Institute of Studies, Auckland
North Tec, Whangarei
Media Design School, Auckland
UC International College, Christchurch
Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology, Tauranga & Rotorua
Whitecliffe College of Arts and Design, Auckland
Whitecliffe College of Fashion and Sustainability/NZ Fashion Tech, Auckland
Whitecliffe College of Technology & Innovation/Computer Power Plus, Auckland
Pacific International Hotel Management School, New Plymouth
Cornell Institute of Business & Technology, Auckland
Aspire2International Group, Auckland, Wellington, Tauranga & Christchurch
UUNZ Institute of Business, Auckland
New Zealand School of Education (NZSE), Auckland
Le Cordon Bleu, Wellington
Kauri Academy, Auckland
Taylors College, Auckland
Avonmore Tertiary Institute, Christchurch
New Zealand Airline Academy
Part-Time Work
Following restrictions apply on work when you study in New Zealand

Part-time work (tertiary students)
You can work up to 20 hours a week if you’re studying full-time for any of the following: 

  • for at least 2 years
  • for a New Zealand qualification that gains points under the Skilled Migrant Category
  • for a foundation programme for at least 1 academic year at level 4 or higher on the New Zealand Qualification Framework at an education provider in Canterbury.

Full-Time work – During scheduled breaks in study:

  • If you’re studying full-time for at least 1 academic year and your course is worth more than 120 credits
  • during the Christmas and New Year holiday period, if you’re studying full-time and your course is worth 120 credits or more.

PhD and Masters by research students
If you’re enrolled in Masters by research or doctoral degree programme awarded by a New Zealand tertiary institution, there are no restrictions on the hours you can work.
Part-time work (English language students)
You can work for up to 20 hours a week while you have a valid Student Visa if your course meets certain conditions.
Courses 6 months and longer
You can work part-time if all of the following apply:

  • your study is full-time
  • your programme of study for 6 months or longer
  • we believe the main purpose of your study is to improve your English
  • you have an International English Language Testing System certificate with an overall band score of 5.0 that’s no more than 2 years old – you’ll need to provide this with your application.

Courses 14 weeks and longer
You can work part-time if all of the following apply:

  • your study is full-time
  • your study is for at least 14 consecutive weeks
  • you’re studying English language
  • your study is with a university, or a high quality education provider.

If you’re under 18, you must have written permission from your school and your parents or legal guardian to work. You don’t need written permission if you‘re over 18 and at secondary school, and want to work during the summer holiday period.

Post-Study Work Visa
Post-Study Work Visa Guidelines after your study in New Zealand

Before 08 August 2018,

  • 3 year post study work visa

After 08 August 2018, 

  • 3 years for Master’s Degree (Level 9), Postgraduate Diploma (Level 8) & Bachelor’s Degree (Level 7) (all locations, level 7 and higher) [30 week study]
  • 2 years for Graduate Diploma (Level 7) (Outside Auckland before 31 Dec 2021, else 1 year) [30 week study]
  • 1 year for Graduate Diploma (Level 7) (Auckland) [30 week study]
  • 2 years for Undergraduate Diplomas (Level 4-6) – (Outside Auckland before 31 Dec 2021, else 1 year[60 week or more study]
  • 1 year for Undergraduate Diplomas (Level 4-6) – (Auckland) [60 week or more study]
Permanent Residency

If you complete your course successfully, and satisfy eligibility criteria listed above you automatically get a ‘Work Permit’.

In most instances this permit will be done at your institution itself and it will allow you to work full time in any job of your choice. If you want to get a New Zealand Permanent Residency (PR), then you have to find a job that is relevant to the course that you have completed. If you have completed a course in IT, then you have to find a job in IT sector. This will immediately give you a 2 years work permit with all rights like free medical, etc. Upon receiving this 2 years work permit then you can apply for PR and normally will get it within 5-6 months.

To find out more about how to get New Zealand PR, Click here.

Cost & Expenses
Study in New Zealand expenses:

  • Average Tuition Fees for undergraduate courses is about 10 lakhs/year 
  • Average Tuition Fees for postgraduate courses is about 12 lakhs/year
  • Living cost approx 7 lakhs/year 
Major Intakes
February and July [For some programs/ colleges more intakes are available]
Admission Requirements
Eligibility criteria for each course is different. Generally to study in New Zealand, Indian students must meet a minimum English language requirement and minimum academic score in Class XII or UG degree depending on the situation. For admission in UG degree, a minimum of 65% in class XII is required but some institutions accept students who have a score of lower than 65%. Foundations and Diploma programmes are available for students who have secured below 60%. For enrolling in PG diploma and degree programs, academic eligibility is highly variable and depends on many factors. Some of most important documents required to apply for studying in New Zealand are:

  • Attested copies of mark sheets of Class X, XII, and Bachelors degree (if applicable)
  • At least, two academic reference letters from professors who have taught you most recently
  • If you have work experience, then two letters of recommendation from the employer/manager
  • Statement of Purpose (SOP)
  • Resume
  • Photocopied score reports of IELTS/TOEFL (English Language)
  • Portfolio (in case of students applying for art and design courses and architecture programmes)
  • Others (Scholarships/ Certificates / achievements at the state and national level and extracurricular activities)
Visa Requirements
Following documents will be required for the Visa application:

  • Valid passport – Your passport must be valid for at least three months beyond your period of stay in New Zealand
  • Completed Student Visa Application Form (INZ 1012)
  • Application fee payment receipt
  • An offer of place from a New Zealand institute/university. The forms are usually issued after the tuition fees have been received
  • Health insurance receipt
  • Health and Character certificates, to prove that your intention of staying in New Zealand is genuine
  • Two passport sized photographs
  • Transcripts, and certificates of your education 
  • English Language Test Scores IELTS/ TOEFL
  • Financial statements to prove you have funds for remaining tuition fee and living expenses
Visa for Spouse
While you’re a student, you can support your partner’s work visa if you’re studying a Level 9 or 10 qualification (PG degree not Diploma), or a Level 7 or 8 qualification (UG degree/ Graduate Diploma/ PG Diploma) on the Long Term Skill Shortage List. Your partner can then support a student visa for any dependent children, and they won’t have to pay international student fees to attend our primary or secondary schools. Dependents will not have any work rights in this case.

​If you’re not studying one of these qualifications, your partner will need to apply for a visa in their own right, generally visitor Visa.

Post-study work visa holders are also able to support their partners for work visas.

Pre-Departure Checklist
  • Passport
  • Book airline tickets
  • Arrange accommodation near the University
  • Arrange transportation to/from the airport to your new home
  • Arrange your banking requirements – consider buying traveler’s currency card
  • Check baggage and customs limitations
  • Clear all paperwork with your home educational institution
  • Travel insurance certificate
  • Letter of Acceptance (LOR) by the educational institution
  • Important addresses and phone numbers
  • A bank statement showing proof of funds
  • Prescriptions for any medication you are carrying
  • Medical and immunisation records
  • Academic history and university transcripts
  • All documents submitted for Visa application

Apply Now!

Do not waste time thinking! Contact us today to clear all your doubts.
error: Content is protected !!